Brac and Little Cayman 4 December Update
Published 1st December 2008, 12:20pm
Brac and Little Cayman Update: 1 p.m. Thursday, 4 December
- Cayman Brac residents who now have electricity restored to their premises should arrange to return borrowed generators to the Recovery Command Centre on Cayman Brac, located in the Bodden and Bodden offices. Generators will NOT be collected. Call 925-6262 for more information.
- Donations of water and home furniture, especially beds and mattresses, are being sought for Cayman Brac residents. These items may be delivered to a container being loaded between 9am and 5pm weekdays at the Family Life Centre, Church of God off Walkers Road.
- Building supplies are still needed by Cayman Brac residents. Public donations to assist home reconstruction may be made at A.L. Thompson's Home Depot. Funds may be handed to any cashier, or to staff at the store's enquiries counter. Donations will be used by Atlantic Star Company, in conjunction with the Recovery Command Centre on Cayman Brac, to purchase needed reconstruction items.
- The two Red Cross Distribution Centres on Cayman Brac will be open this Saturday, 6 December. The locations are: across from the Aston Rutty Centre, and adjacent to Max's Plaza in Spot Bay. The opening hours are from 8am to 10am, and from 4pm to 6pm.
- The Rotary Club of Cayman Brac's Annual Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony will take place at 6pm on Thursday, 11 December, on the District Administration lawn.
- The Rotary Club of Cayman Brac will also host the Annual Senior Citizens' Christmas Dinner. The event takes place at 6pm on Saturday, 13 December, in the Cayman Brac High School's new hall.
- The Cayman National Choir's Christmas Carol Concert on Cayman Brac has been postponed until further notice.